The Bob White Theatre was a neighborhood theater in the Arleta district of southeast Portland. The theater presented its first full-sound film in January 1930.
Portland’s street numbering changed in 1933.
In the early 1960s, the theater was still in operation under the Bob White name. The theater went dark early in the 1970s, briefly being revived as Asian chop-socky house in the mid to late 1970s. Later, Spanish-language films were presented. The marquee of the Bob White was utilized for the cover photograph of a locally-produced record album by Johnny and the Hurricanes in the 1980s. In 1985, the theater was renamed the Arleta Theatre, but closed later that year.
In later years, the building was the personal residence of a theater pipe organ enthusiast and the building was closed to the public. The building was purchased for renovation by Nick Storie in 2012.
References: FilmYearBook-1926 p. 568 : Cinema Treasures website; Oregon Historical Society website : with additional information provided by Nick Haas.