Silent Era Information*Progressive Silent Film List*Lost Films*People*Theaters
Taylorology*Articles*Home Video*Books*Store*Search
 
Flicker Alley MOD DVDs
 
Silent Era Home Page  >  Theaters  >  United States  >  Oregon  >  Portland  >  Palm
 
Theaters
Motion picture theaters from the silent era.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by Carl Bennett and the Silent Era Company.
All Rights Reserved.
 
Palm Theatre
Hawthorne Theatre
 
Address 2021 SE Hawthorne Avenue (modern address)
Opening Night Seating Capacity 450
Original Theater Owner unknown
Original Theater Architect unknown
Years of Operation 1914-present
Type of Musical Accompaniment unknown
Current Status Operating

The Palm Theatre originally opened in 1914, and in 1915 the venue was renamed the Hawthorne Theatre.

Portland’s street numbering changed in 1933.

In 1934, the theater was renamed the Star Hawthorne; renamed the Zephyr Theatre in 1937; renamed the Plaza Theatre in 1938. In 1957, the theater was renamed the Fine Arts Theatre, and it was again renamed the Columbia Theatre in 1987. The theater continues to operate as the CineMagic Theatre, to which it was renamed in 1991.

References: FilmYearBook-1926 p. 568 : Oregon Historical Society website.

 

Report Palm Theatre Errors or Omissions

 
Silent Era Home Page  >  Theaters  >  United States  >  Oregon  >  Portland  >  Palm
 
Pioneers of Africian American Cinema

SUPPORT SILENT ERA
USING THESE LINKS
WHEN SHOPPING AT
AMAZON

AmazonUS
AmazonCA
AmazonUK

Sherlock Holmes (1916) BD/DVD Combo

Silent Era Ads
Early Women Filmmakers: An International Anthology (1902-1943). Films by Blaché, Weber, Dulac and more!
 
AVAILABLE
from Amazon
*