The Star Theatre installed an organ manufactured by the Estey Organ Company in 1910. The theater was renamed the Ames Theatre in 1928.
Portland’s street numbering changed in 1933.
The theater was closed in 1965. The theater auditorium remains in use as a piano recital venue for the Day Music Company, the building’s long-time occupant.
[?] There is evidence that a Star Theatre was opened in 1911 on NW 6th Avenue (one half-block north of West Burnside) in downtown Portland. [?] This tiny theater may have briefly operated as the Blue Mouse Theater after the demolition of the Capitol/Blue Mouse theater building in 1977.
References: Oregon Historical Society website.